Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Meltdown

So I woke up terrified the other day. 

Me, Ollie, Kat and someone else were in the car.  There is a stretch of freeway where the I-5 North transitions into the 118 West and it rises and arches curving to the left heading west.  As we're trekking along I'm in the usual act of staring at the (familiar) skyline as we're turning.  I see a building similar to the Empire State Building.  


An unsettling feeling sinks in as horror initiates and that weird "feeling" of "something wicked this way comes" manifests.   The sky and atmosphere are a smoggy orange and it seems to be about 75 degrees (So Cal weather, right)  

The earth begins to groan and within seconds I see an explosion of lava, fire, and brimstone swell up and shoot upwards and outwards through this building.  The building literally disintegrates, crumbles, and explodes in all directions, and like a domino effect, the adjacent buildings, one-by-one, follow suit.  I'm partially aware that this is a dream so I continue to watch along the horizon as disaster gets worse and worse rather than ducking my head, closing my eyes, and praying for strength to endure the next few moments.  


I feel like this is it, this is the end and I'm with my brother and his wife.  I'm happy to be with them, but know that this is it, we're all going to die, I'll never be able to say my goodbyes and "I love yous" to my mom and other loved ones, but I'm ready to go through it, impending doom.  Nothing you can do or say will stop what is happening.  


I could be watching too much t.v., not sleeping enough, and eating too much spicy food....who knows?


And as curious as I was to see the continued destruction, I was halted by my sister-in-law's cell phone alarm.


What a way to wake up.  Is God trying to tell me something???

No comments:

Post a Comment