Sunday, June 1, 2014

Ga-ga-ooh-la-la!

I don't even know what this one means...maybe eating too late...

As I search for a room in a community college-ish campus I stumble upon the right room and see a friend who taught me Transcendental Meditation, only she was dressed in Beverly Hills chic Haute couture, think Diane Von Furstenberg.  Her hair was short, a la Linda Evangelista.  But she's sad, sullen.  She's projecting a blank stare and answers my questions with vague hard wired prefabricated answers.  (Oddly enough, her father passed away today and I imagine she's going through "it".  We exchange a few words and I leave in search of something again.

I run into Lady Gaga in the campus quad and she's glamorous.  Platinum blonde hair slicked back under a light blue sequined diamond shaped tea hat with birdcage netting.  We partner dance together through a series of locations...clubs, ballroom, the sky.  Lots of dramatic neck snapping while she sings and I play the part of a blank dance partner.  Then I leave without a word at the end of the song.

Now I'm in my old room upstairs gawking out of the window as a bear meanders down the street.  We change venues and now I'm extremely nervous because now me and the bear are staring at each other across a section of produce.  He approaches me and I tell him that he's making me nervous, that I'm scared.  His response?  Hand gestures in American Sign Language that he's sorry.  I relax, tell him it's okay, and I'm off again.

I end up in a seedy 70's apartment living room with a black man wearing dress slacks, dress shoes and a wife-beater tank.  The doo is a little square, high, wide, flat, clean.  He's smoking a cigarette as he irons his shirt .  He lowers his chin towards his chest then gives me a sideways glance.  His face is hard and screwed up as the cigarette smoke wafts upwards.  He nods towards the door and I exit knowing that that's the way to find what I'm looking for.

An Asian couple see me walking towards an exit, maybe a staircase and tell me that the right way is on the other side of the hall.  No doors, no windows, just a cut out in the wall with plastic tubing, maybe the width of a water heater.  After demonstrating how to travel via said tube, I cram myself in it and just like a pneumatic tube, I take off.  Once in the tube, the velocity reduces enough so that I may see every level I pass.  Different levels with people, different rooms as if I'm traveling via Willy Wonka's great glass elevator.  That's about all I can recall.

I have to say dancing with Gaga was pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment